CertiCon a.s., Czech Republic
CertiCon is a Czech SME company – started as a spin-off of the Czech Technical University, closely cooperating with Department of Cybernetics. CertiCon has 120+ employees. It is specialized in design, development, and testing of software and firmware, as well as in IC design development, testing, diagnostics and simulation. Since 1996, CertiCon has been providing high quality, effective and timely software and hardware design services covering a wide range of technological and business computing needs. CertiCon clients span across a variety of industries including healthcare, manufacturing, government and telecommunications. Company employees are experienced participants in international EU projects (participating in 6 FP6 and FP7 projects in total). CertiCon explores a quality management system conforming to ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 international standards. CertiCon provides software solutions designed and built specifically for medical devices, automotive diagnostics, defense, telcos, and financial services industries, with a focus on ultimate quality outputs, high reliability and expertise. As a long-term co-sourcing partner of a premium US medical device manufacturer Medtronic, CertiCon guarantees performance at the highest quality level.
CertiCon is a recognized developer of systems for medical devices and is especially proud of long experience in the development of software and hardware components for pacemakers for Vitatron Medical and Medtronic. Solutions related to pacemakers include distributed field data collection and data-mining relevant information for medical care providers. Decision support systems and systems based on multi-agent technology are used for this purpose. Another of CertiCon's significant achievements is a long-term project aimed at development of the government information systems and information systems for automatic collection of data from medical devices. Certicon's cooperation with research organisations as well as the universities has brought achievemetns in many areas of applied research - from artificial intelligence and intelligent information systems to multi-agent systems for planning, scheduling and simulation.
Profile of staff members
CertiCon employs highly educated and skilled professionals including 110 software engineers and 15 ASIC design engineers (10% PhD, 66% MSc, 10% Bc, 14% others including administrative staff). Development and application of technologies and approaches is guided and guaranteed by professionals holding the most world recognized certifications as PMI PMP, IPMA, Certified Scrum Master, TOGAF 9 for enterprise architecture development, PRINCE 2 and ITIL.
Due to the close cooperation with the Department of Cybernetics at Czech Technical University in Prague and a Gerstner Laboratory, CertiCon has direct access to renowned experts and researches in the field of artificial intelligence, multi-agent systems and knowledge-based systems, soft-computing, production planning and schedulling applications.
Recent publications relevant to the project
1) Petr Becvar, Lubos Smid, Josef Psutka, Michal Pechoucek: An Intelligent Telephony Interface of Multiagent Decision Support Systems. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews,. 2007, vol. 37, p. 553-560. ISSN 1094-6977.
2) Jiri Hodik and Jiri Vokrinek and Jiri Biba and Petr Becvar: Competencies and Profiles Management for Virtual Organizations Creation. In Multi-Agent Systems and Applications V, 5th International Central and Eastern European Conference on Multi-Agent Systems, CEEMAS 2007, Leipzig, Germany, September 25-27, 2007. Springer-Verlag, 2007. ISBN 978-3-540-75253.
3) Michal Pechoucek and Martin Rehak and Petr Charvat and Tomas Vlcek: Agent-Based Approach to Mass-Oriented Production Planning: Case Study. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C. 2007, vol. 37, p. 386-395. ISSN 1094-6977.
4) Hodík, J. - Bečvář, O. - Vokřínek, J. - Bíba, J. - Semsch, E.: e-Cat - VBE Members Profiling and Competency Management Tool. In Intelligent Production Machines and Systems 2nd I*PROMS Virtual International Conference, 3-14 July 2006. Elsevier, 2006. ISBN 0-08-045157-8.
5) Hodík, J. - Bečvář, P. - Pěchouček, M. - Vokřínek, J. - Pospíšil, J.: ExPlanTech and ExtraPlanT: multi-agent technology for production planning, simulation and extra-enterprise collaboration. Int. Journal of Computer Systems Science and Engineering. 2005, vol. 20, p. 357-367. ISSN 0267-6192.
6) Pěchouček, M. - Vokřínek, J. - Bečvář, P.: ExPlanTech: Multiagent Support for Manufacturing Decision Making. In: IEEE Intelligent Systems. 2005, vol. 20, no. 9, p. 67-74. ISSN 1094-7167.