ISC Intelligence in Science (ISC), Brussels, Belgium
Description of organisation
ISC specializes in science public relations, science information dissemination and science and R&D policy analysis. ISC serves science and technology communities to build an understanding of their research and innovation activities amongst policy and decision-makers. ISC expertise is engaged by policy makers, scientific and contract research organizations, intellectual property professionals, academic institutions, industry technology transfer experts and others involved in R&D and innovation processes. ISC analyses science, research and innovation related policies for both private and public sector organizations at international, EU and EU Member State level.
- Policy Monitoring: monitoring science related policy priority setting and developments in the EU at Council, European Parliament, Commission and agency level, member state positions, industry positions, etc. ISC also covers the US.
- Policy Auditing: identify opportunities in forthcoming EU legislation for science-based organizations, liaise with policy makers, and provide inputs and briefings, including setting down proposals for amendments.
- EU Funding Opportunities: early stage identification of appropriate calls for proposals as well as tenders; provide support on financial and legal procedures to participate in EU and US programmes.
ISC designs and implements science dissemination campaigns targeted to science and general journalists and main decision-makers. ISC has successfully developed communication strategies aimed at increasing awareness about excellence in R&D and intellectual property rights for private and public organizations.
- Design public and media relations
- Implementation of science communication strategies and awareness campaigns
- Dissemination of scientific partnership profile
- Science policy oriented press releases
- Management of communication channels among partners and funding organizations to ensure an efficient flow of information.
- Management of science events/seminars in Brussels and press conference to brief main policy and decision makers and promote your R&D and scientific capabilities
Profile of staff members
Declan Kirrane has a background in analysing the relationship between public and private R&D funding and the impact on R&D performance he has worked extensively on science and technology policy evaluation methodologies and technology options for policy- and decision-makers. He was the launch editor of CORDIS. Pilar Gomez has experience as project manager for science and technology based organizations such as EUREKA, epoline®, European Patent Office, Brussels Capital region, US Department of Energy Office of Science, DG Research, Microsoft and Media Lab Europe.